Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water (optional)
1. Warm up your oven to a solid 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Go ahead and grease your loaf pans (preferably two 9×5 ones)
3. Combine your dry ingredients and set to the side.
3. In a large mixing bowl (large is the operative word here, maybe even humungous because you’re going to want a little wiggle room) beat the sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin.
4. Next, stir in the flour mixture, switching between flour and water.
5. Pour the batter into your two pre-greased pans. Pop in the oven for about an hour, checking every 5 minutes after the first 45 minutes.
6. Enjoy at your leisure. This bread tastes even better after it has spent a night wrapped in foil on your counter.
adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?recipeID=7243&origin=detail&servings=24&metric=false
For the full story, hit up: http://doubledish.org/2013/10/23/pumpkin-pie-bread-because-why-not/