This dough recipe is from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. This is the dough I make whenever I’m making ‘za of any variety. It is pretty boss so I highly recommend it. The book is amazing too, after reading it I’m pretty sure I’ve noticed natural male enhancement.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Rising Time: 3-4 hours
2 and 3/4 cups water
1 and 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
1 and 1/2 tablespoons yeast
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
6 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Add ingredients to a large mixing bowl, adding the flour last.
2. Mix the ingredients using a wooden spoon at first, and then hands to fully combine.
3. Once combined, the dough should sink to the form of the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, but not fully airtight.
4. Allow dough to rise at room temperature for 2 hours or until top flattens.
5. Place in refrigerator for an additional hour.
6. When ready to shape dough, remove from refrigerator and place a chunk about the size of a grapefruit onto a well floured surface. Rather than kneading the dough, you will give it a “gluten cloak.” Add a dusting of flour to the surface of the dough. Using both hands stretch the top around to the bottom. Rotate the dough as you do this several times. The top will look smooth and uniform.
7. Allow the dough to rest and rise for at least 30 more minutes before rolling it.